Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Game begins

I've had a few good days this past week.
On Friday my dad was in town and I got to hang out with him a bit...which was nice, always enjoy seeing him.
On Saturday I got to go to my friend Susan's house and we spent a good portion on the afternoon into evening coloring and chit chatting. We then had root beer floats and laughed some.
On Sunday I made it to church which was nice. And I got some exciting news. I get to have the sacrament the time after next!!! I asked when would be a realistic time frame for me to get my temple recommend back and he stated that if I cut tobacco I can have my recommend back pretty soon! So, I am cutting cold turkey as soon as I finish my last pack!!! I know its going to be hard... prayers would be appreciated.
All I know is that the temple brings so much peace into my life...along with confidence, blessings and health.
I also know that making the decision to be temple worthy is also like a beacon flashing to the adversary that "Hey!!! KayLeigh needs to be worked on EXTRA hard!!! She CANNOT succeed." But knowing that I know this means that I can say "Hey, this is just Satan doing his job".
I just stated a new game that I am aiming to win, Team Satan is going down!!!! I am going to score points by practising and warming up to keep me on my toes. The practise will be daily prayer, scripture study, church attendance, surrounding myself with those who bring me up, blogging, etc. Go!!! Fight!!! Win!!!
Satan, you can just plan on loosing this time! I am not going to let you win and I have a good feeling that those around me will be cheering me on with prayer and encouragement.
Good friends will know how important this is for me and will fight for me to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment