Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I can do this!

I got a blessing last night as I am struggling with nicotine withdrawals.
The blessing was just what I needed on day 4 of quiting tobacco. A neighbor of my friend Susan came over and assisted Susan's cousin Bill in the blessing. I was told of how much my Heavenly Father loves me...and is proud of me and the spirit was so strong. I love the Holy Ghost...the feeling you get when he is near is amazing. I'm starting to feel him enter my life once again as I am going to church and trying to get my temple recommend back.
Some other things that are helping me quit tobacco are listening to uplifting music, being around uplifting people, using an ice pack to get my mind off of "tobacco, tobacco, tobacco...", chewing gum, doing a puzzle, drawing... just anything to keep me busy.
Thank goodness I have an amazing friend to help me thru this time...she really helps me to try and be a better person. She uplifts me so much! I feel so loved, something I haven't felt in a long, long time. And her cousins Bill and Mary that live with her have also been so inspiring. Bill quit tobacco a long time ago and has had some good ideas to get thru the day and Mary gave me some oil called "Serenity" that is helping tons! They say to just take it a day at a time...and that is what I am doing. All I care about is Today!!!
I want to thank all those that lift me up. Justin, Susan, Bill, Mary and my home teacher Jana is so amazing and just talks to me and sends me positive affirmations all the time.
If you want to quit using tobacco call Utah's Quit Tobacco company at 1800-QUIT-NOW as they can offer Gum or Patches as well as make a good plan on how to get thru the hard withdrawals and just someone to talk to... all for FREE.
My Quit Date = 2/11/17 @ 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment