Saturday, February 6, 2016

Plan of Salvation

Life is hard.
I was thinking today about the plan of salvation (pre-earth life and life after death) and how Jesus Christ is the center of that plan.
Before we came to earth I believe we knew what was ahead for us if we CHOSE to follow Christ instead of Satan. How sad it is that 1\3 of the children of God chose not to follow Christ, but Satan. That is such a huge number.
But, all of us on this earth agreed to the plan of salvation and was instructed of our life here. We knew their was a way for us to return to our Father in Heaven if we accepted Christ into our lives.
Christ was chosen by God to come to earth and atone for our sins AND to die for us so we could overcome death. All we have to do is exercise faith in Christ, repent of our sins and endure to the end. By choosing to follow Christ we also must do as He did in His life....follow Him as it says so much in scripture.
Its comforting to me that we were instructed of our time here on earth. I knew of my trials... and knew no matter what I would face, in the end I could return to Heavenly Father free of sins, washed clean.
I know that Jesus Christ is the example we must follow, and although it seems hard sometimes, and Satan is breathing down our necks trying to get us off coarse... if  we just ASK God to lead us He surely will.
All I want is to be able to return to the temple so that I can feel close to my God once again. I know that the temple is a little Heaven on earth. What a blessing it is that we have so many temples close to us, not all members are as fortunate as we are and we must take advantage of the opportunities we have to go and do temple work. I know that life is much better when we are doing all we can to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment