Sunday, February 21, 2016

I Stand All Amazed


I had the best Sabbath Day today!!!
I knew that today was the day I have been waiting for and had woke up at a reasonable time, which was nice because I didn't have to hurry or rush.
I got to church at 11am and sat next to my best friend Susan and waited for sacrament to start, of course I had Gunnar with me which is the best thing in the world cause I get little reminders all day that someone loves me because...he loves me. Anyone who knows me and Gunnar knows that we are so in love with each other!
Then the sacrament hymn started and I knew it was about time for what I have been waiting for..the sacrament. It was really special because the hymn was "I Stand All Amazed"...  which is a favorite. Here are the words..take them in...

1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died
 Chorus. Oh it is wonderful, that he should care
Enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful To me.
2.I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine.
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify
Chorus. Oh it is wonderful, that He should care for me
Enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.
3.I think of His hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, No  I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.
Chorus. Oh it is wonderful, that we should care for me
Enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.

Well..  this song always brings the spirit in for me...and it surely did again today...so much so that tears flowed.
The sacrament was passed and I partook of the bread. As I waited for the water to be blessed and served I thought to myself "Yes! Its finally here...but, am I worthy?"  for the briefest of moments I thought "Probably not"... but it was quickly followed by "I feel the spirit today, and I am not listening to you Satan! This is good". All while this happened in the briefest of moments my service dog Gunnar put his front paws on both sides of my waste and licked my face and I TRULY felt  in that moment that my Heavenly Father Himself was giving me a hug! It sounds kind of silly...but it was a very spiritual moment for me and tears again fell down my face.
Looking back on this I make a couple observations. First..we may at times doubt ourselves... but we need to look to where those thoughts are coming from (Satan) and tell Satan to move aside!!! That we are not listening to him today! Second... our best friends with paws are one of if not the closest things to Heaven outside the Temple itself! If you wonder if your loved...look at yourself the way your dog does! They only see the good in us! They really do.
I decided to stay for all of church today and am so glad I did!!! I LOVE my ward! I probably had 20 people introduce themselves and they genuinely was interested in what I had to say.
"Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me. Thank you for guiding and directing me. Thank you for allowing me to feel and recognize the Holy Spirit! Thank you for sending all the love you sent to me  today. Thank you for the hug!"


No comments:

Post a Comment